Program Dates: June 8th- July 31st
Application Deadline: January 15th, 2020
The Summer Cancer Research Institute (SCRI) is an 8-week intensive program for undegraduate and graduate students interested in pursuing biomedical, clinical and population-based cancer reseearch. Students will be working with established mentors in these fields. The program will take place at the research facilities of Temple University and Fox Chase Cancer Center in Philadelphia, PA. Our goal is to provide hands-on research training and active mentorship to students pursuing a career in research.
SCRI is supported by the National Cancer Institute (NCI) U54 funding to Hunter College and Temple University, thus establishing the Synergistic Partnership for Enhancing Equity in Cancer Health (SPEECH).
- Be a current college student
- Be in good academic standing
We encourage applications from students of all backgrounds, particularly those from underrepresented minority groups and/or disadvantaged backgrounds.
Financial and Housing Information
Students will receive the following:
- Hands on research training
- Mentorship from established investigators
- Participation in cancer seminars and skill-building workshops
- A student's stipend of $3,000.
- Travel coverage to and from Philadelphia for Hunter College students.
- Housing for students who are unable to commute.
Students will benefit from:
Research training, participation in cancer seminars and skill-building workshops, written and oral science communication enhancement.
If you still have any questions, please email the Research Education Coordinator, Cristina Zambrano – email@example.com.