The Summer Cancer Research Institute (SCRI) is an 8-week intensive program for undergraduate and graduate students interested in pursuing biomedical, biological and population-based cancer research. Students will be working with established mentors and their lab teams in these fields. The program takes place at the research facilities of Temple University and Fox Chase Cancer Center in Philadelphia, PA. Our goal is to provide hands-on research training and active mentorship to students pursuing a career in research.
- Hands-on research training
- Mentorship from established investigators
- Participation in cancer seminars and skill-building workshops
- A stipend of $4,000
- Scientific presentation experience
Interested in applying for SCRI 2024?
Program Dates: June 10, 2024 – August 2, 2024
- Students must be currently matriculated at Hunter College or Temple University (i.e. continuing at either institution in Fall 2024)
- Be in good academic standing
- Interest in pursuing biological, biomedical or population-based cancer research
We encourage applications from students of all backgrounds, particularly those from underrepresented minority groups and/or disadvantaged backgrounds.
Financial and Housing
Hunter College students will receive the following:
- Travel coverage via Amtrak to and from Philadelphia at the beginning and end of the program
- Housing for the duration of the program
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to the Research Education Coordinator at Hunter College, Emily Kaminsky at [email protected]